Pursue Change


When I was 11 years old I had a dream to write my own novel after I got into the habit of reading. It had always been a dream since that moment and it stayed that way for about 7 more years even though I made multiple "attempts" to write it. You see, I'd always start with a zeal and write a good 10 pages but never cross 20 pages. But last year when I restarted it, I understood that there was more to writing a novel than just penning down words. It represented the discipline I had in my life and the level of priority that I gave toward working on my dreams, which shockingly was quite less. The only thing that held it all together was the zeal. But by God's grace, because of that zeal, I pursued change and now the progress on the novel is way better and is more than 20 pages. 

The takeaway from this short glimpse of my life is to help you draw attention to the single most important lesson that I keep learning almost everyday. Pursue change. Even when things get difficult, when things fail, when every attempt to get better falls short, when you simply lose it, when nothing makes sense, pursue change, choose to keep going. Pick yourself back up and begin again even if it's the 100th time and no one is congratulating you on your progress. For those moments build character and that overflow of mighty character is what is reflected in what you create and what you do. So keep going and live out the change.

Comments

Popular Posts