Do it Tired

(A small sketch that I worked on a day where I did not want to draw) 


Something that I always keep relearning when it comes to writing or any other project that I ambitiously begin is to keep creating even on days when I don’t feel like it. What I mean here is not overlooking a burnout but rather sticking to taking action on days where you “think” you’ve run out of ideas. This is especially needed and essential when you want to pursue a self made career because there are only so many days you can avoid creating since you couldn’t find the right mood for it before your procrastination takes over and you stop doing things altogether. 

This is a lesson that I’m still learning to implement and so if any of you struggle with being consistent, I do understand. But at the same time I’ve also learnt that on the days where I stuck it out and did it anyways, my perseverance for life itself increased and that is the blessing of continuing even when you get tired. Resilience and discipline are just two by products of this one act of endurance for the list goes on. While the concept might sound a little too ideal and hard to achieve, think of it as a character development arc and do it for the plot, perhaps then it might be preferable to pursue and build upon (that was a joke). In all seriousness though, think about why you started to create in the first place and then take action. Once you act upon it, I have no doubt that the process would continue itself.

Comments

Popular Posts