Bad and then Better


I think every person needs a skill that they aren’t good at. For me, that’s art. Now before you can come up to me and say “Oh please stop, have you seen your artwork?”, allow me to explain a little bit more. Growing up, my cousin and I always used to draw, the only thing was that she wonderful at it and I wasn’t. But somewhere along the way I found myself editing animated characters pixel by pixel in order to give a different dress. This I did with the most basic paint software. At that point I didn’t even know the concept of digital art nor did I ever think that I would have the courage to actually show my art to people.

But the beauty of it lies in the fact that somewhere along the way when I started digital art a couple of years later, I did it when even though I wasn’t that great at it. From drawing with my fingers on my phone to now working on a surface device, something about refining a skill that you aren’t naturally good at is essential to growth. You see without being humbled by my primitive art skills, I wouldn’t have had the aim to get better at it and without getting better at it, who would have known that I had stories to tell through art? Perhaps then this is your reminder to pick up a new skill and build it up, especially if you’re bad it.

Comments

Popular Posts